- Ownership: Exxon
- Website: http://www.exxonmobil.com/
- List of Exxon Mobil Refineries
- Location: Botlek, Rotterdam
- Capacity: 9.1 million tons/annum & 182.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- The Exxon Rotterdam refinery has a daily throughput of 190,000 barrels. It is a high complexity plant that produces base oils.
- Atmospheric and vacuum distillation
- Power Former
- Hydro Cracker
- Hydrogen plant
- Desulfurization plants
- Sulfur plants
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery processed different types of crude oil. It is transported by ship, stored in the tank farms on the Maasvlakte and Europoort and then sent by pipeline to the refinery for processing.
- Diesel oil
- Domestic fuel oil
- Petroleum cokes
- Various raw materials for the chemical sector
- Air Products signed a long-term supply contract and plans to build a new world-scale hydrogen production plant to serve ExxonMobil’s (Esso) Rotterdam refinery in The Netherlands and additional customers in the region.
- It is expected to be on-stream in the second half of 2011
- Construction work on the Esso Refinery Rotterdam started in 1958 and, in May 1960, the refinery was officially opened. The plant has been regularly modernized throughout its life and during the last major modernization in the mid eighties a FLEXICOKER was installed.
- 2015 - Hydrocracker expansion project launched
- Refinery Webpage
- Facts & Figures, Port of Rotterdam
- Air Products to Supply Hydrogen to ExxonMobil in Rotterdam
- ExxonMobil to Expand Rotterdam Hydrocracker to Produce Higher-Value Products