- Ownership: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- Website: http://www.iocl.com/
- Capacity: 2.35 million tons/annum & 47,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- There are two Crude Distillation units with a total crude processing capacity of 2.35 MMTPA.
- There are two DCUs, each having capacity to convert 500,000 MTPA of Reduced Crude Oil from CDU
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The Refinery is processing crude oil available from the oil fields of ONGC and OIL located in the North-East India and Ravva crude oil from the Krishna-Godavari basin off the coast of Andhra Pradesh.
- The North-East crude oil is received through a 750 km long pipeline of OIL originating at Duliajan. Ravva crude oil is shipped to Haldia port from where it is pumped to Barauni through Haldia-Barauni Crude Pipeline (HBCPL) of Indian Oil.
- From Barauni, it is pumped to Bongaigaon through OIL's crude pipeline.
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Motor Spirit (MS)
- Straight Run Naphtha (SRN)
- Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO)
- Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF)
- High Speed Diesel (HSD)
- Light Diesel Oil (LDO)
- Low Sulphur Heavy Stock (LSHS)
- A DHDT project is underway, managed by EIL
- Formerly belonged to BRPL, which has been merged with Indian Oil Company.
- 1979 - The refinery was commissioned with a capacity of 1.0 million tons per annum
- 1981 - Kerosene treating and Delayed coking units commissioned
- 1986 - Capacity increased to 1.35 million tons through debottlenecking
- 1995 - Capacity increased to 2.35 million tons
- 1995 - LPG Recovery Unit commissioned
- 1998 - Instrument Modernisation and Advanced Control & LPG Bottling Plant projects completed
- 2011 - DHDT Project completed
- Refinery Webpage
- Page from BRPL Website
- Bongaigaon Refinery Case Study
- DHDT Heater Completed
- Hydrogen Reformer Completed
- Engineers India Refining References
- L&T bags Rs. 329 crore hi-tech Equipment Orders