- Operator: Nexen
- Country: UK
- Location: Central North Sea
- Production start: 2011
- Partners: Atlantic Petroleum
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The development consists of one production well and one water injection well.
- Production from the Blackbird field is processed through the floating production, storage and offloading vessel Aoka Mizu FPSO at the Ettrick Oil And Gas Field.
- Gas produced from the field is exported to the Scottish Area Gas Evacuation (SAGE) Pipeline.
- First Subsea: Front-end engineering and design (FEED)
- KWsubsea: 7" and 3" flexible pipelines (6km)
- 2008 - Blackbird Oil And Gas Field discovered
- 2010 - Blackbird appraisal well was spudded
- 2010 - Partners approve the development
- 2011 - Project development approved by DECC
- 2011 - First production
- KWsubsea Upheaval Buckling And Out Of Straightness Analysis
- Discovery made on Blackbird, by 20/2a-8 exploration well, in UK Licence P.317
- Successful appraisal of Blackbird discovery on UK Licence P317, Block 20/2a
- P/F Atlantic Petroleum announces Company's approval for the Blackbird field development
- Innovative First Subsea connector for Nexen Petroleum UK Blackbird field umbilical tieback
- First Oil from the Blackbird Field