- Operator: Chevron
- Country: USA
- Location: Walker Ridge Block 29, Gulf of Mexico
- Production start:
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves: total recoverable resources in excess of 200 million boe
- Production Volume:
- Big Foot field lies in the Walker Ridge Area and is estimated to contain total recoverable resources in excess of 200 million oil-equivalent barrels.
- The development will utilize a dry tree Extended Tension Leg Platform with an on-board drilling rig
- Big Foot's topsides facilities will include inlet oil and gas separation, gas compression, dehydration and export, oil treatment and export pumping, produced water treatment, water injection and all required utility systems.
- It will have production capacity of 75,000 barrels of oil and 25 million cubic feet of natural gas per day. First oil is anticipated in 2014.
- Front-end engineering and design (FEED)
- Execute the detailed design for the Big Foot Topsides
- Wood Group: A three-year contract to commission the extended tension leg platform (E-TLP)
- Saipem: Big Foot Oil Export Lateral Pipeline installation
- Baker Hughes: A contract to supply electrical submersible pumping (ESP) systems and production packers for seven producing wells, plus mud line packers for three injection wells
- 2H Offshore: Detailed design and delivery management of the riser systems
- 2006 - Big Foot Oil And Gas Field discovered
- 2010 - Chevron makes final investment decision
- 2011 - KBR awarded topsides contract
- 2011 - Wood Group awarded commissioning contract
- 2015 - Damage to the platform Tendons postponed completion of the project
- Primary pay sands are Middle to Upper Miocene ranging from 19,000 to 24,000 feet (5,800 to 7,300 m) and lie below a salt canopy ranging from 8,000 to 15,000 feet (2,400 to 4,500 m) thick.
- Gulf Of Mexico Discoveries In Water Depths Greater Than 5000
- Gulf Of Mexico Deepwater Natural Gas And Oil Qualified Fields
- Saipem Pipeline References
- Chevron Sanctions Big Foot Project in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico
- KBR to Execute Detailed Design of Chevron Big Foot Topsides
- 2H Offshore Awarded Big Foot Riser Systems Contract by Chevron
- Chevron Awards Baker Hughes Contract for Deepwater ESP Systems
- Wood Group to provide commissioning services for Chevron's Big Foot deepwater production facility
- Chevron to Move Deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico Platform to Sheltered Waters Following Damage to Installation Tendons