- Ownership: South Refineries Company
- Website: http://www.src.gov.iq/english/index.html
- Location: Basra, Iraq
- Capacity: 7.0 million tons/annum & 140,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Two units for hydrogenation of light distiller capacity of each unit (29000) barrels / day.
- Two units to improve their respective gasoline, capacity (8000) barrels / day.
- Two units for the production of liquid gas, capacity of each unit (200) tons / day.
- Unit for hydrogenation oil gas with capacity (12000) barrels / day.
- Four small units of mobile refining capacity each (10000) barrels / day and begun work in February 1997 and was completed in September 1997.
- liquidator fats established in 1982 and began production in 1996, amounting to energy productivity (100.000) tons / year and consists of vacuum distillation unit, a unit for removing the asphalt, furfural treatment unit, and wax removing unit, hydrogenation fat unit, mixing and packaging unit, and the unit of Hydrogenation and pouring wax .
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- For Details see Basrah Refinery Upgrading Project
- The refinery is being upgraded with the addition of an FCC
- 1986 - Vacuum and Solvent Units added
- 2011 - Shaw awarded a Feasibility Study for the Rehabilitation of the Refinery
- Saipem Wax Units
- Saipem Solvent Production Units
- Saipem Vacuum Distillation Units
- Prokop Engineering Refinery References
- Shaw to Conduct Feasibility Study to Rehabilitate Refinery in Iraq