- Operator: CNR
- Country: Ivory Coast
- Location: Block CK-40, Offshore
- Production start: 2005
- Partners: Canadian Natural has a 57.61% equity in the Baobab Field with partners PETROCI Overseas Limited (10%), PETROCI Holding (5%) and Svenska Petroleum Exploration CI AB (27.39%)
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Baobab field is located south of Espoir in deep water Block CK-40. Development of the field consists of producing wells and water injectors tied back to four separate subsea manifolds: two for production and two for water injection.
- The flow lines from these manifolds are tied back to a floating production storage and offtake vessel, the Baobab Ivoirien Mv10 FPSO.
- Oil is exported from the FPSO to shore via shuttle tankers, the natural gas is piped north to the Espoir Invoirien FPSO, and then ashore via pipeline.
- MODEC: engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and operations for the 2,000,000 barrel storage capacity FPSO including the topsides processing equipment and SOFEC® external turret mooring system
- Technip: Design, procurement/fabrication and installation of rigid pipelines as well as flexible risers and free issue steel core umbilicals. It also includes the installation of manifolds and spoolpieces and the precommissioning of all pipelines and risers.
- FoundOcean: Grouting for Baobab Pipeline supports
- FMC Technologies: Six subsea trees, eight wellheads, three manifolds, and a Subsea Control System including subsea distribution systems and associated topside control systems.
- 2001 - The Baobab Field was discovered
- 2002 - Appraisal of the field comprised a second deep-water well drilled and extensive 3D seismic mapping
- 2003 - The development of the Baobab Field was approved
- 2003 - MODEC awarded FSPO contract
- 2003 - Technip awarded subsea contract
- 2005 - First oil from the Baobab Oil Field
- 2013 - FMC awarded contract for Phase 3
- FoundOcean Subsea References
- Aker Solutions Umbilical References
- CNR Selects MODEC Inc. to Develop Baobab Field Offshore Cote d'Ivoire
- Baobab, CNR
- FPSO Baobab Ivoirien MV 10 Achieves First Oil offshore Cote d'Ivoire
- Canadian Natural Announces Commencement of Production at Baobab
- Contract award for the subsea development of the Baobab field offshore Ivory Coast
- FMC Technologies Receives Subsea Equipment Order for CNR International's Baobab Field Phase 3