- Ownership: Santos
- Website: http://www.santos.com/
- The facility accepts production from approximately 45 gas fields containing about 130 producing gas wells through approximately 450 kilometres of pipelines and flowlines.
- All field boost compression is located at the plant. Further nodal compression is operational at Yanda, Challum and Munkah/Wackett. The Ballera facility also incorporates the Chookoo storage facility that is used for the storage and processing of sales gas at the Chookoo field.
- Sales gas is sent to Mt Isa via the 840 kilometre Carpentaria Natural Gas Pipeline.
- The remaining gas, natural gas liquids and condensate are sent to Moomba via the 180 kilometre Ballera-Moomba pipeline. No crude oil is processed at Ballera. All oil is sent to the Jackson facility 65 kilometres to the south-east.
Related Oil and Gas Fields
- 1991 - Construction started
- 1997 - Upgraded plant opened