- Operator: IOOC
- Country: Iran
- Location: The field is located 100 kilometers southwest of Lavan Island in the Persian Gulf
- Production start:
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves: Initial recoverable reserves estimated at 100 million barrels
- Production Volume:
- Balal Oilfield is located 93 kilometers, southwest of Lavan Island.
- The implementation of the project was carried out in the form of buyback contract in the second half of 2002.
- The oil production of 40,000 barrels per day started from this field and transferred to Lavan Island by a 14-inch offshore pipeline.
- Seaway Heavy Lifting: Installation of Balal Field Development
- 1999 - Elf and Bow Valley signs contract to develop the field
- 2003 - Operatorship of the Production Platform has been transferred to the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC)
- Seaway Heavy Lifting Oil And Gas References
- France/Canada consortium associating Elf and Bow Valley signs contract to develop Balal oil field in Iran
- Iran: Balal Field Reaches Production Level of 40,000 b/d and is Handed Over to NIOC