- Also known as the ATEX Express
- Source: Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Destination: Mont Belvieu, Texas
- Ownership: Enterprise Products Partners
- Website: http://www.enterpriseproducts.com/
- Length: kilometres (1,230 miles)
- Capacity: 190,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day
- Product Type: Ethane
- The ATEX Express pipeline will deliver growing ethane production from the Marcellus/Utica Shale areas of Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio to the U.S. Gulf Coast.
- Originating in Washington County, Pennsylvania, the first leg of the system would involve construction of approximately 595 miles of new pipeline extending to Cape Girardeau, Missouri, closely paralleling an existing Enterprise pipeline.
- At Cape Girardeau, Enterprise will reverse a 16-inch diameter pipeline and place it into ethane service. By utilizing an existing pipeline and following an existing right-of-way for the section to be constructed, ATEX Express offers a cost-effective and timely solution that also minimizes the project’s environmental impact.
- At the southern terminus of the ATEX Express pipeline, Enterprise will be constructing a 55-mile, 16-inch diameter pipeline to provide shippers with access to the partnership’s natural gas liquids storage complex at Mont Belvieu, Texas, giving them direct or indirect access to every ethylene plant in the United States.
- The Markwest Houston Gas Processing Center supplys product to the pipeline
- In operation
- 2011 - Enterprise and Chesapeake Enter into Agreement to Transport Ethane from the Marcellus/Utica Shale to Gulf Coast
- 2012 - Enterprise announced that it had received sufficient transportation commitments to support development of the project
- 2012 - Enterprise announced that it was conducting a two-week supplemental open commitment period to accommodate additional shipper demand
- 2013 - Enterprise Products Begins Line-Filling
- 2014 - Commercial operations began
- Chesapeake has committed to 75,000 barrels per day over a five-year ramp-up period
- Enterprise and Chesapeake Enter into Agreement to Transport Ethane from the Marcellus/Utica Shale to Gulf Coast
- Enterprise to Build Marcellus/Utica Shale Ethane Pipeline
- Enterprise to Offer Shippers Additional Opportunity for Capacity on ATEX Express Pipeline
- Enterprise Offering Additional Capacity on ATEX Express Ethane Pipeline
- Enterprise Products Begins Line-Filling ATEX Express Pipeline
- Enterprise Products to Build Ethane Export Facility on Texas Gulf Coast