- Operator: BP
- Country: UK
- Location: Central North Sea, 230km NE of Aberdeen
- Production start: 1996
- Partners: JX Nippon
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves: - 150 million barrels of oil and natural gas liquids, 245 billion cubic feet of gas
- Production Volume:
- Andrew is located approximately 230 kilometres North East of Aberdeen and covers an area of 27 square kilometres, spanning licence blocks 16/27a and 16/28.
- The Andrew development consists of:
- A single fixed platform.
- A piled steel jacket supporting an integrated deck with production, drilling and accommodation facilities.
- The Andrew topsides include facilities to operate the nearby Cyrus subsea satellite development.
- Oil pipeline - 10-inch to Forties System then to Cruden Bay
- Gas Pipeline - 8-inch to CATS; System to Teesside
- The Andrew Alliance consisted of: BP, Brown & Root, Santa Fe, Saipem, Highlands Fabricators, Allseas, Emtunga, and Trafalgar House.
- Saipem: Installation
- Heerema: fabrication of the 750 tons process module with a length 18 meters, a width of 13 meters and a height of 28 meters for installation on the existing BP Andrew platform
- Emtunga: 70 man single lift quarters
- Aker Solutions: Consultancy for damaged internals, Internals - Drain Pipes/Jacking Ring, Supervision of internals installation for HP Scrubber
- 1974 - Andrew Oil And Gas Field discovered
- 1994 - Development consent given
- 1996 - Production started
- 2001 - In order to maintain production rates, a program of infill drilling began
- 2005 - Centrica agreed to acquire a small share in the field, but was preempted by Talisman and Hess
- 2011 - BP Approves Development of Kinnoull Field as a tie back to Andrew
- 2012 - New topsides constructed
- 2012 - JX Nippon acquires an additional stake from ENI
- The Andrew reservoir lies at a depth of some 2,430 metres below sea level and is contained within the Palaeocene. In addition there is an underlying lower Cretaceous gas reservoir, which has not been fully appraised.
- UK Oil and Gas Fields by Approval Date
- Aker Solutions Oil And Gas Processing References
- Emtunga Europe Offshore Platform References
- Nessco Platform References
- Saipem Europe Fixed Offshore Production Facilities Project R
- FoundOcean Europe Subsea References
- The Andrew Field, BP
- Centrica to acquire interests in North Sea gas fields
- Centrica completes offshore agreement and ceases interest in one field
- BP and Co-Venturers Approve Development of Kinnoull Field
- Heerema Hartlepool completes North Sea BP Andrew Process Module
- Major asset acquisition in the UKCS