- Ownership: MIDOR
- Website: http://www.midor.com.eg/
- Location: Alexandria, Egypt
- Capacity: 5.0 million tons/annum & 100,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: (Complex - Deep Cracking)
- A medium sized, complex refinery
- CDU, 100,000
- Vacuum Distillation, 48,000
- Hydrocracker (UOP), 33,400
- Delayed Coker (ConocoPhilips), 22,800
- Isomerization, 10,700
- Reforming (CCR), 19,900
- Desulfurization of Distillates, 24,900
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Can use a wide range of crudes
- Unleaded Gasoline (high Octane)
- Jet Fuel
- Low Sulphur Diesel Fuel
- Pure Sulphur
- Green Coke
- The coker is currently being expanded to 30,000 barrels per day by Technip.
- A preflash column is being added
- The refinery was built by Technip
- October 2000 - Mechanical completion of the project according to budget and time schedule and receipt of first crude oil shipment at the refinery.
- February 2001 - First Diesel shipment was pumped into the local market.
- April 2001 - MIDOR celebrated its first Gasoil shipment which was exported through the port facility.
- March 2002 - Midor was listed in Cairo and Alexandria Stock Exchange.
- August 2002 - Refinery’s test run and achieving of contracted performance guarantees.
- 2009 - Technip awarded contract for expansion of coker
- 2015 - Expansion project launched
- Kuwait Declines Offer Of Stake In Midor Refinery
- Daelim Oil And Gas Projects
- Technip Refining References
- Enppi Refinery Project References
- Technip awarded contract for the MIDOR refinery in Egypt
- Technip, Sace And Midor Agreement For The Alexandria Refinery