- Operator: Chevron
- Country: UK
- Location: 210km north east of Aberdeen
- Production start: 1994
- Partners: Endeavour, Total
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- Alba is a heavy oil field located 210km north east of Aberdeen in Block 16/26a (Licence No P.213) in the UK sector of the Northern North Sea. It was discovered in 1984 and production started in January 1994.
- The development consists of one fixed steel platform and floating storage unit.
- The Alba field platform has 31 slots, including 25 platform producers and 6 water injectors.
- An additional 10 producers and 2 water injectors have been drilled from a subsea template in the south of the field.
- Alba oil is transported by tankers and the gas is exported to Britannia.
- The Alba Extreme South project involved the installation of a new subsea production manifold and a five kilometre pipeline bundle and major modifications to Alba Northern Platform have been carried out.
- Highlands Fabricators: Platform construction
- Living Quarters (144 man) and Helideck
- Coalescer/Degasser Module
- Subsea Drilling Template and Docking Piles
- Alba Extreme South - Caisson
- Saipem: Alba Northern Platform, Transport & Installation
- 1984 - The Alba field was discovered by Chevron
- 1991 - Project development approved by UK Government
- 1994 - Production started
- 1997 - Alba Phase II project launched
- 1997 - Statoil acquires 12% from Chevron
- 2002 - First Oil Achieved From Alba Extreme South
- 2006 - Endeavour acquires 2.25% from Talisman
- 2012 - Endeavour Announces the Completion of the acquisition of 23.43%
- 2012 - BP Announces Sale of 13.3% Interest in Alba to Mitsui
- 2015 - Endeavour announces it is looking for a buyer
- Alba is a late Eocene reservoir at ~6,200 feet and lies in a water depth of ~460 feet.
- Bifab Platform References
- BiFab Subsea References
- List Of Oil Production Platforms In The UK
- FoundOcean Europe Subsea References
- Saipem Fixed Offshore Production Facilities Project References
- Alba Southern Area Development Option Selected
- Chevron Acquires Norwegian North Sea Assets In Swap
- First Oil Achieved From North Sea Field, Alba Extreme South
- Talisman Energy Rationalizes North Sea Assets
- Endeavour Announces the Completion of the Additional Working Interest in the Alba Field
- Total, NON OPERATED UK ASSETS
- BP Announces Sale of Interests in Alba and Britannia Fields to Mitsui & CO., LTD.
- Endeavour Announces Launch of Marketing Process for North Sea Assets