- API: 19.4°
- Sulphur Level: 1.24 mass%
- Country: UK
- Location: North Sea
- Source Fields: Alba Oil Field
- Production Volume: 15 000 bbl/day
- Alba is a heavy, high sulphur North Sea crude oil
|C1 to C4||-|
- Acidity, 2.00 mg KOH/g
- Nickel, 9.38 mg/Kg
- Vanadium, 44.17 mg/Kg
- The Alba oil field was discovered in 1984 by Chevron and has been in production since January 1994. It is heavy crude that is an economically attractive option in complex refineries already running, or contemplating running, heavy crude oils.
- Alba produces to a Floating Storage Unit. Crude oil is exported by shuttle tankers to customers in North West Europe (usual cargo size approaching 600 thousand barrels).