- Operator: Gemsa Petroleum Company
- Country: Egypt
- Production start:
- Partners: SOG 20%, SK 25%, Anadarko 25%, PICO Zaafarana 30%
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves: 44 mmbbl
- Production Volume: 7,500 bopd
- Zaafarana has a 4-leg production platform that has 15 well slots. Zafco produces from 8 wells operated by ESP (electric submersible pumps) employing a unique Cable Deployed Pumping System (CDPS). The System has been operating successfully, eliminating the need for an offshore rig at the end of each pump life cycle.
- The produced crude is processed and stored on the Al Zaafarana FPSO having a storage capacity of 800,000 bbls.
- Aker Kvaerner: Operation, management and maintenance of the Al Zaafarana FPSO
- 1989 - BG Group declared Al Zaafarana Oil Field to be commercial
- 2007 - Aker Kvaerner wins contract for operation, management and maintenance of the Al Zaafarana FPSO
- Aker Kvaerner contract for operations of Al Zaafarana platform in Egypt
- PICO International Petroleum, Assets